The Sou’Wester Arts and Ecology Center is seeking a Montessori knowledgeable program Director to assist with our preschool program in Seaview, WA.
Wave of the Future Director Position Description
Accepting applications: until filled
Position: 30-40 hrs/wk
Compensation: $20+ DOE
Wave of The Future is a new preschool housed in the Art & Ecology Center in Seaview Wa. It is Montessori inspired, art focused and outdoor based program. We are looking for an individual to take the role of Director for our special school.
- Maintain & Develop programs/ecology curriculum based on the the mission/values of the preschool.
- Oversee Licensing process.
- Support teachers/guides with supplies/curriculum needs and thier responsibilities.
- Communicate with parents, both current and prospective.
- invoice parents and manage state funded reimbursements programs.
- Coordinate staff licensing & training requirements including, scheduling,
- Develop & maintain policies health policies, and parent handbook.
- Manage staff with scheduling, regular meetings, support hiring process, creating infrastructure as needed.
- Substitute in the classroom when needed, develop enrichment curriculum.
- Coordinate with other Sou’wester & Sou’wester Arts staff as needed.
- Setting an excellent example for students and instilling good values in them like honesty, accountability, understanding, tolerance, respect, love, and kindness.
- Experience with child-led programs, ideally an open-minded Montossori approach.
- Very organized with the ability to navigate state agencies and their administrative requirements
- Effective at creating systems for families and staff that are collaborative and supportive and just while balancing a sustainable business plan.
- Problem solver & community builder!
- 2 years ECE classes
- Proficient with email, google documents and spreadsheets.
- Ability to pass background check
- First Aid certification
- We are Covid-conscious
Please free to apply if you are not Montessori certified but are Montessori curious and have other educational/recreational experience. This is an exciting opportunity for some who is passionate about authentic, process based, alternative early childhood education. An ideal candidate would be proactive in developing what is a new program.
Must be reliable, trustworthy, and experienced with children.
$20+ DOE with room to grow.