Wave of the Future offers:
- Small staff to child ratios.
- Child-led & experiential learning.
- Intrinsic motivation & curiosity led exploration.
- Outdoor nature based programming.
- Working artists curriculum.
- Qualified, experienced & passionate educators.
- Both part time and full time enrollment for kids 30 months to 6 years old.
Outdoors – Wilderness, Gardening, & Ecology.
Our nature based curriculum includes daily unstructured time during our wilderness walks, a year round garden and ongoing seasonal ecological lessons incorporated into group projects and visiting artists.
Art – Material Exploration, Expression, & The Community.
In conjunction with the Sou’westers Artist Residency program, we regularly collaborate with visiting artists-in-residence and have the opportunity to explore new, unique materials, tools and processes. We have worked with ceramics, natural dying, mural painting, music, songwriting and are looking forward to so many more.
When our kids see the breadth of expression in relating to the world, it empowers them and develops their own abilities.
Nurturing The Whole Child – Food & Self Care
Food and self care are a fundamental aspect of the program. From growing, to preparing, to eating and cleaning up, we set up opportunities for them to manage each aspect. Self-care also means dressing themselves and making decisions about their physical needs in changing environments.